Wednesday, October 2, 2013

YD

Friday while in Class we talked about Critical YD, Positive YD, and Risk, Resiliency, And Prevention. In doing this activity it has opened my eyes as to what area I really would like to focus on in the Youth and Development field . My area was risk, resiliency, and prevention and I totally thinks that this is my correct placement. I want to be able to help kids figure out what is right and wrong in the right way. Although I think that all the areas are intertwined with one another. I think that they all need each other to succeed. In a way they form the big team of youth and development !
Below is that activities that were completed in class



1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that this activity helped you realize which ideology of youth development you wanted to immerse yourself in. Also, I thought it was interesting how you said that you wanted to be able to help kids figure out what is right and wrong in the right way. Many times, kids are introduced to inappropriate stimuli and reinforcement that can influence their life in a negative way. Risk, Resiliency, and Prevention is a great way to encourage youth in developing different protective factors and coping strategies with various hardships in their lives. I think this is a great ideology that helps youth work towards a constructive way of living.

    ReplyDelete